Re: Software for large graphics?

Subject: Re: Software for large graphics?
From: William Gaffga <will -dot- gaffga -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Technical Writing <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 11:06:40 -0800

Do you really need to go to that extent (pictures taped to a wall)? What
about starting with a mind map? A free app like Freemind <
http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page > will let you
quickly enter and visualize associations. I've used these tools numerous
times for understanding large projects.

This way you can easily fold and unfold groups to streamline or dwell down
into sections for greater understanding. You;ll be able to do this on your
desktop and if you need it so the whole group can see it big, use a
projector on the wall. Having a whole project projected on a wall and
folding and unfolding as the group brainstorms is great fun. If you're into
that sorta thing.

List of mindmap apps:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mind_mapping_software

Project the project's projections with a projector. Not quite "Buffalo
buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo." but still fun.
--
William Gaffga
www.wilyguy.net/portfolio/

http://www.doctohelp.com