Re: Disagreeing with house styles

Subject: Re: Disagreeing with house styles
From: "Peter Neilson" <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 23:27:09 -0500

On Thu, 05 Jan 2012 22:23:19 -0500, Julie Stickler <jstickler -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 9:02 PM, Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca> wrote:
On a lighter note, our team is considering using the term "animal
poop" instead of "excrement" or "fecal matter" of the same.

This is going into our style guide, which we are developing as the
project continues.

OK, this just begs the question, what the HECK are you documenting?
Zoo systems? Care and feeding of laboratory animals? Enquiring minds
want to know!

Voitch! Friday is upon us!

Some time ago, in a remote part of the Galaxy not far from the poop deck of the Constellation Argo Navis, shortly after lunch, our Tech Pubs department put in a purchase requisition for a horse. The intent was to be the only Tech Pubs group in the Known Universe to have both ends of a horse.

Later in the same millennium our intrepid poop deck crew wrote an index for the Fortran manual. It contained many excellent entries, all properly specified in no more than two levels. It also had these three:

Circular reasoning, _see_ Petitio principii
Petitio principii, _see_ Proof by assumption
Proof by assumption, _see_ Circular reasoning

Begging the question is another term for petitio principii.

http://www.doctohelp.com