Re: Disagreeing with house styles

Subject: Re: Disagreeing with house styles
From: Julie Stickler <jstickler -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 11:25:42 -0500

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 11:04 AM, Phil Snow Leopard
<philstokes03 -at- googlemail -dot- com> wrote:
> I agree with the point Juiie, but your "FYI Microsoft manual of style says..." looked very much like an attempt to validate one usage over another. Hence my reply. :)

Yep, I can see how it would look that way. Sorry bout that. That
wasn't my intent at all, I was just trying to point out (since the OP
said "Do I ... use what I consider to be outmoded terminology?") that
this is the current (at least until we see the 4th edition) house
style for one of the major players in the industry. I personally use
MMS as my go to style guide. And if they change these terms from two
words to one when the 4th edition comes out, I'll change too.

Not trying to start a religious war here!

--
Julie Stickler
http://heratech.wordpress.com/

http://www.doctohelp.com