Re: Word formatting issue

Subject: Re: Word formatting issue
From: "Monique Semp" <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "Debra Wanamaker" <dsg -at- cypress -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 08:26:01 -0800

When I open the document, the numbered list style has lost its formatting. The number and the indent is gone. It's easy to fix--I just modify the style. The pdf comes out fine, but when I save and close, then open it again, the formatting is gone and I'm back where I started.
This doesn't address the basic style problems that probably exist, but might explain why your "fix" doesn't stick. Go to the Template and Add-ins dialog box (click Document Template on the ribbon), and see if the "Automatically update document styles" option is selected.

I always make sure that this is NOT selected, except for when I've deliberately updated the template and definitely want to update the styles in the doc to match the updated template. So if you have this selected, and the styles in the template are in error, it could cause the behavior you're seeing.

HTH,
-Monique

http://www.doctohelp.com