FW: Adobe Acrobat shared review - file management

Subject: FW: Adobe Acrobat shared review - file management
From: "Barb Philbrick" <barbphilbrick -at- caslonsvcs -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 07:31:51 -0500

Hi,

One of my clients is using the Adobe Acrobat shared review feature (with
Acrobat 8 and 9). I'm wondering if anyone out there has a process for
handling the files once the review is complete. Acrobat's help doesn't seem
to be helpful on this point (but please point me to the information if I'm
just not finding it!)

Here's what I currently do:
1. Verify that all comments have been uploaded to the server.
2. Save the version as an archive copy, which preserves the comments.
3. Store the archive copy in an appropriate place.
4. Delete all other copies of the review PDF and the file in the Acrobat
review folder.

Step #4 is where it gets dicey. How do you make sure that all the review
PDFs are gone? Is it OK to just delete the file from the review folder, or
is there some other process for making sure the review goes away?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Barb

Barb Philbrick
Caslon Services Inc.