Re: Job listings with demand for salary requirments

Subject: Re: Job listings with demand for salary requirments
From: "Peter Neilson" <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com, Lauren <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 23:17:58 -0500

On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 22:06:23 -0500, Lauren <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net> wrote:

I still wonder why so many employers think that coming into a project with documentation prepared by a person who was let go is easier and worth less per hour than beginning a project from scratch.

This was explained to me when I was about eleven by Mr. Dunn, the bike-repair guy. He said, "People think that if they take the bicycle apart and bring me a basket of parts it should be cheaper to repair than if they brought the bike in still assembled. They think they have already done some of the work. There are usually some of the parts missing, too. I charge double for those jobs."

http://www.doctohelp.com