Re: Linked-In Problem

Subject: Re: Linked-In Problem
From: "Peter Neilson" <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com, "Chris Morton" <salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 05:27:54 -0500

On Sun, 04 Dec 2011 22:37:40 -0500, Chris Morton <salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:

Edible resumes?

Grano salis magna cum.

What I've never figured out is why they chase after me to submit for positions for which I am eminently unqualified. They already have in hand my resume that says I do TECHNICAL WRITING and have WRITTEN ABOUT database and SQL stuff. That apparently makes me eligible for a DBA position requiring five years with Oracle, so they ask for my updated resume, hoping that in the last two years I've suddenly gained those five years. Maybe these clueless guys somehow gain nourishment from my resume? Do their employers keep them on staff only if they provide a sufficient churn rate?

"Srivniblvttpnchrvladinopurvsknoff, this is your last warning. Stop worrying about the quality of the CVs but just get the rate of submission up. You must send our prospects at least 1200 per month or we will let you go. It's all in the numbers as we've told you before. Also, we're changing your name to James Cheddly, as it sounds more professional than Buzz Bunkham, which, incidentally, you've never been able to pronounce correctly."

As for agencies editing the resumes, a friend says his company, seeking a TW, received a terribly written resume but invited the fellow in, regardless. They showed him the resume.

"Is this your resume?"

"Holy ****! Where did that come from? That's not what I wrote at all!"

http://www.doctohelp.com