Re: A turkey in Excel 2010?

Subject: Re: A turkey in Excel 2010?
From: Lauren <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 15:59:27 -0800

On 11/27/2011 3:29 PM, Dan Goldstein wrote:

The turkey's dead. I realized it was only happening in a single
spreadsheet. I copied all, pasted to a new spreadsheet, saved with the
same name, and the problem's gone. Now we'll never know.

Check your macros. There is an old issue with a VBA bug where undo does not work after a macro runs. You could have had a macro in your sheet that could have been inherited from a previous copy and paste function, a previous spreadsheet or template, or a virus or worm.

If it is a macro or worm, then it could get into your template file or other sheets, so it is a good idea to see if it is in the sheet that had problems. I do not know how to show hidden macros in Excel 2010, but I am sure you can find that.

http://www.doctohelp.com