Re: To coin a phrase

Subject: Re: To coin a phrase
From: "bryan johnson" <bryan -dot- johnson -at- motoman -dot- com>
To: <dana -at- campbellsci -dot- com>,"Leonard Porrello" <lporrello -at- illumina -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 08:32:52 -0400

"The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary." ~ James Nicoll

On 10/27/2011 3:23 PM, Porrello, Leonard wrote:

> "Then again, this nutsy-cuckoo language world keeps me employed, so I'm not one to argue against the evolution/devolution of words and phrases."
>
> An excellent point.

Which makes all of this moot? :-P

Dana W.

--
Campbell Scientific, Inc.

http://www.doctohelp.com

---
You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as Bryan -dot- johnson -at- motoman -dot- com -dot-

or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/bryan.johnson%40motoman.com

The information transmitted in this email is intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential, proprietary and/or privileged material. Any unauthorized review, distribution or other use of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender immediately and delete any and all copies of this message.

http://www.doctohelp.com