Re: STC certification: what's in it for tech writers?

Subject: Re: STC certification: what's in it for tech writers?
From: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: Steven Jong <stevefjong -at- comcast -dot- net>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 09:18:02 -0700

I think the proliferation of the third party books is more the result of
product documentation absence than shortcomings. Whether technical writers
are certified or not becomes a moot point when companies products make
strategic decisions not to provide documentation with their products at all
so that they can collect license and royalty fees from publishers wanting to
sell third party books on the products.

Gene Kim-Eng

http://www.doctohelp.com