RE: CMMI process documentation

Subject: RE: CMMI process documentation
From: "Margaret Cekis" <Margaret -dot- Cekis -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 11:56:04 -0400

Kari Gulbrandsen asked about CMMI process documentation:
"I am back on this list after a long hiatus. I recently got a new position,
..... It is a small company and they are trying to get Level 3 CMMI
certification. I am to write the process documentation, merge it with their
existing PMI process definitions, and it just gets worse from there. Plus
there is a crazy deadline. Every time I think I understand what I am
supposed to do, I find that I didn't really understand. I've poked around on
the net, and now I have information overload. Does anybody have any
suggestions or recommendations?"
________________________________
Kari:
Look for information on Structured Development Life Cycle (SDLC) as well as
CMMI. At a previous employer, everyone in my division was required to take a
course on SDLC. I think the objectives of the two programs are similar. In
SDLC, requirements were collected and collated into specification, then at
each stage of the process, results were traced back and verified that they
met the original requirements and specifications. I'll send you a document
that lists the documentation required at each stage of a large generic
development program that includes both hardware and software (so not every
document in the list is required for every project) . I can't send it to the
list, but I'll also forward it to anyone who requests a copy.
Margaret Cekis, Johns Creek GA

http://www.doctohelp.com