Re: STC certification program

Subject: Re: STC certification program
From: Mark Baker <mbaker -at- analecta -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 13:58:16 -0400

On 22/10/2011 1:45 PM, McLauchlan, Kevin wrote:

DITA is just a handy one that:

a) other people insist is very important but
b) I've had no call to use in my employment, nor any
foreseen, and
c) several other writers have similar non-experience with
it and non-need for it.

Or, in short, there is a fundamental difference between what is core and what is merely common. You don't determine core skills by looking under the highest point in the bell curve. Indeed, quite the opposite, the core skills are those that are equally present at every point under the bell curve. And in technical communications, that ain't much.

Mark

http://www.doctohelp.com