Re: references was Re: STC certification program

Subject: Re: references was Re: STC certification program
From: Phil Snow Leopard <philstokes03 -at- googlemail -dot- com>
To: Laura Lemay <lemay -at- lauralemay -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 10:03:53 +0700

On 20 Oct 2011, at 04:01, Laura Lemay wrote:

> I've been a linkedin user since January 2004

I've no interest in persuading you or anyone else not to use LinkedIn or any other site. I'm aware of both the pros and cons of online networking. My point was that LinkedIn is no alternative to certification.

> If internet privacy worries you then, alas, every site is a problem these days.

That's no reason for complacency or not to opt out of sites that cause problems. LinkedIn became intrusive for me, so I opted out. That's just sensible behaviour,

> If anyone was going to steal my identity or work history over the internet from that or from linkedin it surely would have happened by now.

No disrespect intended, but frankly that's a ridiculous assertion. I've been using computers for over twenty years and never had a hard disk failure, but I still back up my data every day. I've been driving for even longer and never had an accident, but I still fasten my seat belt ever trip...you can make up your own examples of other foolhardly behaviour that assumes the future will be just like the past (for the philosophers on the list, David Hume's your reference, there ;) ).

Best

Phil

http://www.doctohelp.com