RE: Help - my consultants cannot write!

Subject: RE: Help - my consultants cannot write!
From: "Michael West" <mike -dot- west -at- bigpond -dot- com>
To: "'Steve Schwarzman'" <steve -at- writersbookmall -dot- com>, "'Porrello, Leonard'" <lporrello -at- illumina -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 20:52:14 +1100

I think the answer is implicit in your question. Can they be great security analysts without being good communicators? You bet.

Can they be good consultants without being good communicators? Itâs difficult to imagine how any hiring manager would make that leap of faith.

Again, weâre not talking Pulitzer prize or National Book Award here. The original focus of this discussion was âwriting clearly and concisely.â Thatâs not a big ask for a consultant (as distinct from a subject matter expert, from whom we have grown accustomed to expect long silences punctuated by cryptic utterances and inexplicable grins).

--

Mike West