Annotated outlines...

Subject: Annotated outlines...
From: Sue Jones <suej_be -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 01:41:28 -0700 (PDT)

I have also used the annotated outline method with great success. It's definitely worth a try.

Not long ago I developed a series of project management templates (project plan, specifications, testing and quality docs), for some Dutch project managers writing in US Englsh. Each section stated whether it was mandatory or optional and then had a brief description of the type of information it should contain. The templates worked really well for them.
I left the company about three years ago after almost 10 years as a contractor with them and they are still using the templates. Always a good sign.

I use the same technique when writing training courses that will be delivered by anyone other than myself. There again, the approach works a treat.

Gr.
Sue.

"To achieve greatness...start where you are, use what you have, do what you can." Arthur Ashe.

http://www.doctohelp.com