Re: Job searching in this time of attrition...

Subject: Re: Job searching in this time of attrition...
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Steve Schwarzman" <steve -at- writersbookmall -dot- com>, "Jen Jobart" <jenjobart -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 08:24:07 -0700

Thing is, it's not what you meant that matters, it's how the person at the other end of that presentation takes it. It's one thing to offer your suggestions to someone you know is looking for someone like you, another when sending it unsolicited to someone who isn't even thinking about hiring and may not perceive a need to fix the "problem."

OTOH, the result of the recipient taking your suggestion badly and you not making the attempt is the same (no interview), so as long as you aren't worried about the potential effect on your chances if they actually have a position sometime in the future, there might not be anything to lose by trying.

Gene Kim-Eng