Re: Recommendations for good website shared hosting service?

Subject: Re: Recommendations for good website shared hosting service?
From: "Katherine Noftz Nagel (Kat)" <lists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 15:24:24 -0400

On 2011-08-24 5:29 PM, Al Martine wrote:

We're considering moving to a Shared Hosting service with Bluehost
and Host Gator on our short list.

Several web developer colleagues have recommended Hostgator and Pair. I've been trying to set up an account for a client at Hostgator, but have been having trouble with their automated signup process. Have left several phone messages and filled out a trouble ticket last week, but haven't gotten a response yet.

On a brighter note, I moved my own sites (and several clients' sites) to Bluehost about three years ago. Love 'em to pieces.

Their tech support staff is responsive and patient with my clients, more knowledgeable and helpful than the staff at several of the high-priced premium hosting services I've dealt with in the past. The longest downtime I've experienced was the first month, when they were down for 6 minutes to swap servers. That was announced well in advance, and there has been no outage since. When one of my clients recently had a problem setting up an additional site under their hosting account, Bluehost staff answered his call on the first ring and talked him through the whole process without making him feel like an idiot.

~~
K@
Kat Nagel, Owner, MasterWork Consulting
katnagel -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com
http://www.facebook.com/katnagel
http://twitter.com/mwrk (business)
http://twitter.com/katnagel (personal)
http://gplus.to/katnagel