FrameMaker 10 trial removes my Acrobat installation?

Subject: FrameMaker 10 trial removes my Acrobat installation?
From: Mark Giffin <mgiffin -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L Writing <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 22:22:14 -0700

I downloaded and installed a FrameMaker 10 free trial today. Later in the day I tried to open my pre-existing Acrobat version 6, which I had used yesterday (yes, version 6*). However, I found that the program files for Acrobat 6 were gone! There was a new Acrobat X folder with a date of today, same day I installed FrameMaker 10. But I did not download or install Acrobat X. The Acrobat X does not appear to be a working version with a GUI interface. I opened Word to see if it would still use Acrobat to make a PDF and it does, apparently using the new Acrobat X stuff.

Apparently my free trial of FrameMaker 10 has deleted the program files for my Acrobat 6 installation and left me holding the bag. Does this make any sense at all?

Mark

* Yes, I know Acro 6 is ancient but it still works for what I need. I always download patches for it from Adobe, etc. I use the latest Adobe Reader for reading PDFs but I use my Acro 6 for editing my self-made PDFs.

http://www.doctohelp.com