Re: Publishing / typesetting print documentation in HTML + CSS (+JS)

Subject: Re: Publishing / typesetting print documentation in HTML + CSS (+JS)
From: Richard L Hamilton <dick -at- rlhamilton -dot- net>
To: Jimmy Breck-McKye <jb527 -at- hotmail -dot- co -dot- uk>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 16:16:46 -0700

Jimmy,

If you're starting from XML, then I would not go through HTML to get to print. The main XML schemas that tech writers use (I'm thinking of DocBook and DITA, but there are others) have tool chains that will generate fo (which can be easily converted to PDF with open source or reasonably priced commercial tools.).

Going through html seems to be the long way around this problem.

Richard Hamilton

http://www.doctohelp.com