RE: Anyone Can Write - Just Look At The Job Descriptions

Subject: RE: Anyone Can Write - Just Look At The Job Descriptions
From: Kat Kuvinka <katkuvinka -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: <mbaker -at- analecta -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 20:17:03 -0400

What I have learned in 20+ years is that it is less important that engineers value what I do, and more important if my manager and the folks paying to me value what I do. I need to show that I am a problem-solver and I can save my company money. If kids 20 years my junior are making more than me because they are engineers, it is not gonna do me much good to try and explain myself to them. It doesn't matter what I can do for them, it matters what I can do for me. I know I'm good, it doesn't help me to be a selfless advocate for the user if I can't prove I am valuable to someone who can actually can make a difference in my career.

http://www.doctohelp.com