RE: Ball chairs and their kin

Subject: RE: Ball chairs and their kin
From: "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 14:13:29 -0400

Thanks for your helpful exercise suggestions!

I started this thread because it seems generally unhealthy to sit typing
all day from a fixed position. I'm working on some of the well-known
mitigations: switching occasionally between a sitting and standing
position for typing, walking around while on the phone, and remembering
to get up and stretch frequently. All the same, I'm interested in ball
chairs and seating discs because I understand that they require one's
core to be in frequent motion, which sounds on the face of it like a
good idea.