Re: Hiding things (was RE: Optimizing OnlineHelp for Mobile Viewing)

Subject: Re: Hiding things (was RE: Optimizing OnlineHelp for Mobile Viewing)
From: Ruth Sessions <ruthsessions03051 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Ed Marsh <lists -at- edmarsh -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 13:17:09 -0700 (PDT)

Robert:

Actually, I've received complaints from some technical customers (for SDKs)
about being forced to click with the mouse too often in Help files.

One such techie suggested we use a continuous scrolling approach. I'm not sure
if everyone would like it this solution for reference Help, but it fulfills his request:
Put all APIs in a single topic and link from the contents to a subheading for each API.
The customer can then click OR scroll to select a particular API.

Or some HATs might have features to arrange the APIs that way even after you put
each in its own topic. Ideally, the option should be available.

Do you think such a result could be achieved using RoboHelp, AuthorIT, or another
HAT you have experience with?

Ruth

Ruth Sessions
603/886-7355