RE: Most difficult project

Subject: RE: Most difficult project
From: Paul Hanson <twer_lists_all -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 10:30:44 -0500

My most difficult project was at a previous employer. I was trying to learn
InDesign while revising a large manual (140 pages) that didn't use styles.
There was also no style guide - just spoken rules like the 'rule' re: spaces
after a period. The rule (and this is a direct quote): "Use one space after
a period unless it looks funny, then use two."

Paul Hanson
Senior Technical Writer
Pearson