RE: Quotation marks around user interface labels

Subject: RE: Quotation marks around user interface labels
From: Nancy Allison <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 14:19:56 -0500 (CDT)

Hey, all! I'm wondering you you might do me a great favor if you have a minute (and if your companies permit it).

Would you send me a PDF of a typical procedural page from one of your documents, so I can see how you use fonts?

Only if your company doesn't object and if you have time.

My preference is to bold only the UI items the user clicks, selects, or enters data into, so I bold only buttons, radio buttons, drop-down list items, and field names (I'm probably forgetting a few controls, but you get the idea).

I tend to think that the more things you bold (like window names and dialog box names) the less impact the bold type has.

But maybe I'm wrong, and I need to see some fresh examples of different styles to help me figure it out.

If you could do this for me, it would be much appreciated.

--Nancy

http://www.doctohelp.com