Re: "aka" - commonly understood ?

Subject: Re: "aka" - commonly understood ?
From: Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca>
To: TechWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 14:24:19 -0700

I think saying "aka" without the periods to signify it's an acronym may
cause more confusion, a.k.a. people may not understand.

However, in your glossary, I think you are right to avoid it. The idea would
that one term could also be called something else could cause enough
confusion already. What ever happened to controlled vocabulary? (rhetorical
question).

So my gut tells me to provide definition for the correct term, and add
entries for the alternate terms that say "see term1". If a number of terms
are related, "see also..." and "related: " work well.

I think.

-Tony

http://www.doctohelp.com