Re: Tips on how to talk to SMEs

Subject: Re: Tips on how to talk to SMEs
From: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 09:50:09 -0700

It may just be the types of industries I work in, but my experience has been
that the engineers who develop the products I work on are usually the ones
who best understand how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly complicated the
things they're creating really are. For those who don't, the point is
usually brought home the first time I ask them a question they can't answer
right away or find a user-impacting issue they hadn't foreseen (engineers
who don't understand how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly complicated the
things they're creating really are almost always miss something
user-impacting, and usually something that is fairly obvious if you're
looking for it).

Gene Kim-Eng

http://www.doctohelp.com