Re: Anyone Can Write - Just Look At The Job Descriptions

Subject: Re: Anyone Can Write - Just Look At The Job Descriptions
From: Di <dicorrie -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 16:11:15 +1200

Whoever said the thing about choosing a job where the senior management
value good writing, I agree. My first professional writing job looked like a
real job but it wasnt. It was a manual prompted by a manager who wanted it
to only so it would look good on his performance assessment - no challenging
anything or anyone allowed. Difficult to produce more than an ugly looking
door stop in that circumstance.

Even when they value you coming in they may misunderstand what it takes to
get a doc "pretty" but that it doesnt matter, as they will listen to
you. I've been here a few years and the other day I was introduced to a new
starter and she asked what a tw does. the manager said - the BA's
translate what the users need for the techies so they can write the
software. And the TW translates what the techies say for the users so they
can use the software. Quite liked that. similar to what i might have said
myself.

Di

http://www.doctohelp.com