RE: WARNING! Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!

Subject: RE: WARNING! Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: William Sherman <bsherman77 -at- embarqmail -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 09:52:32 -0400

That would be entirely unrelated to our product.
I don't think that choosing to stop using our
product at a critical juncture can be considered
a hazard of our product.

> I bet there are injuries as the result of that, people jumping off
> buildings, people "falling" off buildings, hitting head hard against
> the
> wall, and so on. :-)

My docs DO warn customers where there's potential
(by terribly unwise actions on their part, not
supported by industry practice - their industry
or ours) for them to lose, destroy, or expose
sensitive information.

I don't know if you have to be a Complete Idiot to
work around the safeguards, but you certainly have
to act in a manner counter to the recommendations
and instructions in the docs.

And anyway, none of that has anything to do with
physical hazards from the physical use or misuse
of our products. Standing barefoot in a big puddle
in your office or server room, while poking a metal
object (or moist body part) into crevices on our
product is not an approved use. If you are in that
situation, you have plenty of pre-existing problems
at the time your bits finally get fried. If your video
surveillance is still working, it'll show that you
were being extra-dumb. If it's not working, then
there'll be no way to prove that -immediately
pre-mortem - you were probing our equipment rather
than the Dell servers in the next rack shelf.

BZZzzt! Next.

- k
or disclosing it.

http://www.doctohelp.com