Convert DOC/PDF user manual to InDesign

Subject: Convert DOC/PDF user manual to InDesign
From: Chris Morton <salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 16:08:17 -0700

I have numerous chapters for a user manual in both DOC and PDF format. I
want to convert them to InDesign CS4, where the text is fully editable
without reverting back to its originating app. Ideally, I'd like the
graphics to be pulled in, too, although I realized each will have to be
manually linked back to its original.

What's the best way to tackle this?

http://www.doctohelp.com