RE: Can this career be saved?

Subject: RE: Can this career be saved?
From: "Margaret Cekis" <Margaret -dot- Cekis -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: <becca -at- di -dot- org>, "'TechWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 17:20:08 -0400

Becca asked if her 26-year tech writing career can be saved if she hasn't
worked since 2003. She is considering getting a technical writing
certificate at the local community college.
__________________________
Becca:

I dropped out for 5 years when my first daughter was little, and 4 when my
second was small, and for various shorter breaks since then, and I've never
had a problem finding a job again when I started seriously looking and
applying. As others have said, I'd start scanning the job boards for your
area to see what is currently in demand, but if you have that many years
experience, you shouldn't have any problem getting back into gear. If you
can afford it, and the coursework for the certificate program appeals to
you, and/or you think getting the certificate will give you a boost in
confidence or convince employers that you're keeping up to date, go for it.

Register for a job alert on Indeed.com, because that culls jobs from not
only other job boards, but corporations and academic institutions as well.

Margaret Cekis, Johns Creek GA

http://www.doctohelp.com