Re: Edge effect on cropped screenshots?

Subject: Re: Edge effect on cropped screenshots?
From: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 12:55:07 -0400

On 05/29/2011 06:27 PM, Rick Stone wrote:

Personally, I'm very fond of the "torn edge" effect found in TechSmith
SnagIt.

I like it, too, but the fellow for whom I was doing some screenshots a while ago hated it. What did I do? I matched my style to his paycheck.

The cloud effect that Stuart Burnfield reported sounds good, too.

I feel that it can sometimes be important to help the user locate the item in question, either by words or by pictures that present the context. Merely showing the item itself snipped from the background is perhaps less than useless. "Press the Ctrl [CTRL] Key." Like, yecch.

Sliding off that topic into another, I just bought one of those mini MP3 players. It contains a bunch of pre-loaded music plus a PDF instruction manual. Being a good TW, I looked at the PDF. The instructions recommend that you "read these instructions" before using the device. Duhhh? (Life would be easier if I didn't get upset about stuff like that.)

http://www.doctohelp.com