RE: If user manuals were written in steampunk

Subject: RE: If user manuals were written in steampunk
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: "salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com" <salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 17:01:53 -0400

Of course, if I were to don my technical editor's hat,
I'd need to stroke a few regrettably-red lines through
some of that text.

For example, it would be "... in the amount of 'X' Amperes,
at a pressure* of 110 Volts." (*or potential if you prefer)

Also, can an effect be seen and described while remaining
undiscovered? Surely it is the cause, and not the effect,
that remains to be unearthed.

I think the terminating sentence might profit from division
into two, or at least the introduction of a more forceful
punctuation than its first comma - don't you agree?

Additional transgressions are left to other discerning readers
to denounce, or not, at your discretion. Nevertheless, if
those are the worst faults to be found, one might still
profit hugely from a visit to such an edifying site.

Boy, set up my samovar, won't you? And bring the tea chest.
There's a fine lad. Nothing like a little "roughing it" to
raise the mood, wot?

or disclosing it.

http://www.doctohelp.com