RE: Indicating a skipped portion in instructions

Subject: RE: Indicating a skipped portion in instructions
From: "Martinek, Carla" <CMartinek -at- zebra -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 11:34:59 -0500

This is in a PRINTED document that is sent out with replacement/repair parts. Printed in black & white, no color.

We make extensive use of if/then tables (perhaps too much - we're evaluating that issue), but when someone *does* need to skip a portion of the instructions because it doesn't apply to their product, the last step is simply "Go to HEADING on page X." We had a request to make that last sentence stand out somehow as some people are apparently reading on and not realizing that they have to skip the next section. (User error, but we need to compensate.)

We're discussing icons, bolding, or something to make it stand out.

Would like to see examples if anyone else has dealt with this effectively.

-CM

- CONFIDENTIAL-

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may also be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, use, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and then delete this email.

http://www.doctohelp.com