Re: Learning HTML

Subject: Re: Learning HTML
From: "Katherine Noftz Nagel (Kat)" <lists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 15:01:32 -0400

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 3:08 AM, Toni Williams<tonicw -at- yahoo -dot- com>
wrote:

I have been tasked with learning HTLM. My question for the group
is do you know of any websites I can access for this purpose.
Thanks for all input.

The suggestions you've already gotten are great, as long as you're comfortable learning from a book or searching through the W3C website for the material you need.

If you're more comfortable learning through a structured class, there are two options that I've had good experiences with.

1. The International Webmasters Association <http://www.iwanet.org>/HTML Writers Guild <http://www.hwg.org> offer many instructor-lead online courses in various web technologies. They aren't free, but the ones I've taken have been excellent. The classes I've taken have one or two online sessions each week, plus discussion forums. Not sure if they're all run that way.

A $49/year membership gets you discounts on all the courses. Courses are offered several times a year on a regular schedule. I just received the summer catalog.

When I first joined, back in the Dark Ages, both groups had moderately active local chapters across the US and a few in Europe. As far as I know, the organization doesn't do anything anymore, except sponsor these courses.

2. Cricket Walker's classes are free, but sporadic. Lessons are sent out daily by email through Yahoo groups, with reading material and assignments. There is no requirement to be online at any specific time. Student questions are submitted by email and instructors generally respond within 2-12 hours.

The only classes currently active seem to be Cricket's own SEO course <http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/SEO_Techniques/> and Successful Website Marketing <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/successful-website-marketing/>. I re-take the SEO/Marketing combo every year to keep up with changes in recommended techniques.

Hope this helps.
--
K@
Kat Nagel, Owner, MasterWork Consulting

http://www.doctohelp.com

---
You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as admin -at- inktopia -dot- net -dot-
or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/admin%40inktopia.net