Re: Need help creating and delivering content in XML

Subject: Re: Need help creating and delivering content in XML
From: "Raymond D. Miller" <raymen97 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca>, Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 20:28:51 -0700 (PDT)

I suppose I need to clarify my problem.  My job is to create the strings in the XML file and I need a process or tool that is better than copying and pasting.

--Raymond

________________________________
On 2011-05-22, at 8:04 PM, Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:

> Can you explain your workflow? I'm wondering why the new entries and
> edits aren't just done in the XML to begin with.
>
> On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 5:06 PM, Raymond D. Miller <raymen97 -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:
>> I am a UI Writer and I need a new process for creating and delivering content.  I am new to XML, so please forgive me if I am not using the most accurate terminology.  Also, I checked the archives and did not find a suitable answer.
>>

>> At present, I write the content and produce HTML mockups using Axure.  Every string in the UI exists in an XML file that developers use to pull content for the finish product.  For example, a string could look like this:
>>

>> <enter_debit_card_copy>We support debit cards</enter_debit_card_copy>
>>
>> For the 100's of new or edited strings in a releases, I must copy and paste each one into the XML file using XMLspy.
>>

>> Copying and pasting content in several places is time consuming.  Is there a method of putting strings into an XML file?  I would appreciate any suggestions.

http://www.doctohelp.com

---
You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as admin -at- inktopia -dot- net -dot-

or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/admin%40inktopia.net