RE: Disclaim THIS!

Subject: RE: Disclaim THIS!
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: Dan Goldstein <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 16:23:57 -0400

I thought it was pretty clear that he wanted to do what I
want to do. Remove that info to a stand-alone booklet,
that would accompany the product but be ignored enthusiastically,
just as it is in User Guide front-matter, only with less
annoyance to the customer.

Honestly. If you are not a lawyer, have you EVER needed any
of the info that's in the compliance section(s)??

Do you think that people who would _need_ to be told
not to stare into the laser, or not to lick the battery
leads, or not to stand in water while running the
electrical equipment... would ever actually _read_ the
relevant text, or understand that it applied to them?

- kevin (pondering the merits of self-directed eugenics - for other people, of course)

or disclosing it.

http://www.doctohelp.com