RE: Captivate Start Screen

Subject: RE: Captivate Start Screen
From: Technical Writer <tekwrytr -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 09:03:00 -0400

The problem has been resolved, and is one that I have had with other Adobe applications--if anything is done before the application loads completely, it "freezes." The workaround solution--clicking the Windows ==> Comment on the menu bar--only becomes available when the file is fully loaded. Because there is no way to tell what progress is being made (and I am impatient by nature), I tended to click something else to see if I could make it work. Bad idea. That freezes the loading.

Solution: Click on the file to load, and don't touch anything else until it is fully loaded. That begs the question of, "how do I know when it is fully loaded?" When you hover the mouse over the Windows menu and it displays "Comment" as an alternative menu option. Click Comment and the gray screen goes away. Even right-clicking the screen to look for menu options will freeze the loading process.

Thanks to all for the help and suggestions.

http://www.tekwrytrs.com/
Instructional Design - Educational Technology - Information Architecture
Technical Documentation - Enterprise Websites - Online Content
Specializing in Adobe Captivate - Adobe Flash - and Adobe RoboHelp tutorials

http://www.doctohelp.com