Re: Audacity crashes on remote start

Subject: Re: Audacity crashes on remote start
From: "Dana Worley (MVP/JB)" <dana -at- campbellsci -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 09:19:37 -0600

Hello Craig,

If software isn't specifically developed and tested to handle remote access, you can run into some problems (no joke :-) ). I have seen issues before where if you disabled the remote machine's display hook driver, then all was well (you can google to find info). Also, I'm not certain what Audacity is programmed in, but there are known issues with certain versions of development tools and accessing an application via a remote session (e.g., Delphi 6). You didn't say what tool you are using for remote access -- I've also seen instances where switching to a different tool solved the problem. Microsoft's Remote Desktop seems to work reliably in my experience, so you might want to give it a try if you are using something else.

These issues can be hard to ferret out. Good luck,

Dana W.

On 12:59 PM, Cardimon, Craig wrote:

I can start Audacity from my work desktop just fine when I'm on site. But when I'm working remotely, and I try to start it on my work desktop, it crashes repeatedly. I'm trying to perform remote audio recording of an onscreen process I need to document, but I'm not making any progress.
--

Campbell Scientific, Inc.

http://www.doctohelp.com