Name That (Date) Field!

Subject: Name That (Date) Field!
From: Mark Osborne <markosborne0802 -at- aol -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 09:46:19 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Techwr-lers,

The development team at my company is trying to come up with a name for a date field in a web application UI that has recently evolved. The date becomes a search condition for generating a list of projects that are within a 180 days of their due dates. This date was recently the system date. We called it the ârun dateâ then because it was always the date on which the report was generated. But the clients wanted the date value changed so they could enter any date they want (within limits). Weâre still calling it the run date or, informally, the âas-ofâ date since the list of projects generated is âas ofâ the date entered. Iâve also thought of âpoint-of-reference date,â âreference date,â or âpost date,â but nothing seems to have caught on.

Any ideas? I figure that you all would be the experts.

Sorry, thereâs no prize for submitting the winning name, but I will report back to let you know what was selected.

Warm regards,

Mark

http://www.doctohelp.com