Normal.dot (word 2003) startup problem

Subject: Normal.dot (word 2003) startup problem
From: Deborah Hemstreet <dvora -at- tech-challenged -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 13:45:49 +0200

Hi All,

I'm hoping one of you has some wise advice. I am suddenly having trouble working with my Word 2003 installation.

The only work around I've been able to find is to delete normal.dot EVERY TIME before starting word.

I used to be able to have a custom template in the Word Startup directory, can't get those to work at all and had to remove them.

When I start Word, if I do not delete Normal.dot, Word wants to start up in safe mode. If I delete normal.dot, I can work OK, just open docs based on my template (to get access to my macros etc)., and all works fine until next time I try to open Word 2003.

Has anyone ever experienced this behavior? I also had to change my default printer to Adobe PDF. I'm using a shared MAC printer via Bonjour - and Word would not start at all even with deleting the normal.doc when I had the Mac printer as the default one. So I'm having to make a PDF and then print the PDF (which is not a problem, just a hassle).

If anyone has any ideas/suggestions, greatly appreciated. I'm currently overseas, so there may be a delay in getting your answers.

Thanks in advance!

Deborah

http://www.doctohelp.com