Greetings from the New Owners

Subject: Greetings from the New Owners
From: "Connie Giordano" <connie -at- therightwordz -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 10:54:34 -0500

Greetings Whirlers!

We are proud and excited to be taking over the management of the TECHWR-L
community. It?s a community that always reflected the changes in the
environment, tools, methodology and scope of technical communications and
brought valuable resources to communicators around the world. Our vision
going forward is based on the strong foundation built by the founders, Eric
and Deb Ray, who have both left pretty amazing shoes to fill. Their
commitment and dedication to TECHWR-L has been inspiring, and we wish them
all the best as they move onto new ventures and adventures.

Our goals for TECHWR-L include maintaining and expanding this community of
professionals who have a common desire to empower themselves and fellow
communicators by actively participating in discussions and sharing
resources that strengthen the profession and expand its horizons. At the
same time, we anticipate the TECHWR-L website to become a hub for valuable
content and resources that apply to seasoned veterans and enthusiastic
rookies alike. In other words, we want [LINK: http://www.techwr-l.com/]
and provide answers and opinions related to all aspects of technical
communications.

As time goes on, you can expect to see the community leverage new tools and
social media as part of expanding the horizons of the field. We will
continue to evolve the user experience on [LINK: http://www.techwr-l.com/]
feedback are critical to ensuring that TECHWR-L serves your needs, so look
for a membership survey shortly, and please take a few minutes to respond.

I (Connie) posted my first message to the list back in January 1999 after
about six months of lurking. Since that time, the community weathered many
storms and risen to the challenges admirably, with both active contributors
and lurkers gaining much from their experiences. While Al?s background
isn?t in technical writing, he?s been involved with the Internet since his
early days at West Virginia University. A blogger and former nonprofit
?membership? guy, he?s really excited to be working with the TECHWR-L
Community.

Community and empowerment have been the constants of this group for two
decades, and will continue to be at the heart of TECHW-L. We look forward
to building relationships with all Whirlers! Please feel free to email us
and ask any questions.

Sincerely,

Connie Giordano, the new moderator and editor

connie -at- inktopa -dot- net

Al Martine, the business guy with a little technology

al -at- inktopia -dot- net

http://www.doctohelp.com