Re: 3-D

Subject: Re: 3-D
From: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Chantel Brathwaite <brathwaitec -at- castupgrade -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 16:52:07 -0400

> In any event, the 3DS producer was quoted as saying "We're moving away from
> any stance that says if you don't use the 3-D functionality you can't play
> the game."  The writer of the article indicated that this might mean that 3D
> might be used mostly for aesthetics, but not for vital information needed to
> help the player play the game.

That's exactly correct at this point. There's a hardware control for
field depth on the device. You can turn 3D off or adjust the amount of
depth to give the display. Consider though that this is first
generation stuff, and will be improved upon and rethought over time.
Still, it's a very cool concept and does bode well for 3D applications
outside of gaming.

--
Bill Swallow

Twitter: @techcommdood