Subject: TECHWR-L Premium Jobs, Events, and Announcements
From: TECHWR-L Listowner <admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com>
To: archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 01:05:05 -0600 (MDT)

Posted on
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
This ad posting is sent daily directly to all list members to help
underwrite the costs of the list (just as ads in a newspaper,
magazine, or journal underwrite the costs of those publications).

In this posting, look for the following ...

UPDATE ANN: 20 glorious years of Adobe Robohelp
ANNOUNCE: MadCap Software releases MadCap Flare 7
ANN: WritersUA User Assistance Update - March 2011

and at the end you'll find the concluding administrivia with
information about these ads and how to place your own.

Dear All,

It gives us immense pleasure to announce the beginning of a series of
events Adobe would be hosting/participating in to celebrate "20
glorious years of Adobe RoboHelp" throughout FY 2011.

As you all know, Adobe launched RoboHelp 9 on 11th Jan, 2011 amidst
much fanfare, along with the latest releases of Adobe Technical
Communication Suite 3 and Adobe FrameMaker 10.

With Adobe RoboHelp 9, now you can easily author, collaborate,
personalize, and optimize content for help systems, policies and
procedures, and professional knowledgebases for multichannel,
multidevice publishing. Save time with collaborative reviews, reusable
assets, and dynamic user-centric content. Boost participation with
user-generated content and moderated or stored commenting.

For more information, please visit the product websites:

Product website for Adobe RoboHelp 9:
http://www.adobe.com/products/robohelp.html Product website for Adobe
RoboHelp Server 9: http://www.adobe.com/products/robohelpserver.html

If you missed the LIVE launch eSeminar for Adobe RoboHelp 9, please
view the ON-DEMAND recording at your convenience:
http://adobe.ly/ftcRpW

Now, you can TEST-DRIVE Adobe RoboHelp 9 (as a part of Adobe Technical
Communication Suite 3) at your convenience:
http://www.runaware.com/clients/adobe/techsuite/

Also, you can view TRAINING VIDEOS on the TECHNICAL COMMUNICATIONS
CHANNEL on Adobe TV at your convenience:
http://tv.adobe.com/channel/technical-communication/

Some other very useful resources you will find on the Adobe
RoboHelp 9 website, include:

1. Product Datasheet (downloadable PDF)
2. Reviewer's Guide (downloadable PDF)
3. On-demand eSeminars: http://adobe.ly/ft0lcZ
4. FREE 30-day Trial Download: http://adobe.ly/gj3pyR
5. Product Management Blog: http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/
6. Reviews and Awards:
http://www.adobe.com/products/robohelp/reviews_awards.html
7. Case Studies: http://www.adobe.com/products/robohelp/showcase.html

Now, we are embarking on a year-long celebration of "20 glorious years
of Adobe RoboHelp", which will see us do special events and run specia
campaigns for our users.

You can catch the Adobe team at the following events across the globe
throughout FY 2011. At all of these events, we will have exclusive
Adobe RoboHelp workshops and receptions. We would love to have you joi
us for these special Adobe-hosted events, and I will keep you updated
on the same periodically. Plus, we will run campaigns to let you win
Adobe software and other attractive prizes throughout 2011. Just our
way of saying "A BIG THANK YOU" for being with us for 20 years and
beyond!

STC Summit 2011, 15 - 18 May, 2011, Sacramento, CA, USA:
http://summit.stc.org/

UA Europe 2011, 16 - 17 June, 2011, Brighton, UK:
http://www.uaconference.eu/

LavaCon 2011, 13 - 16 November, 2011, Austin, TX, USA:
http://lavacon.org/

I will be adding more events and special campaigns to this list perio
ically, to keep you posted.

For more information, please visit the product websites:

Product website for Adobe RoboHelp 9:
http://www.adobe.com/products/robohelp.html
Product website for Adobe RoboHelp Server 9:
http://www.adobe.com/products/robohelpserver.html
Product website for Adobe Technical Communication Suite 3:
http://www.adobe.com/products/technicalcommunicationsuite.html
Product website for Adobe FrameMaker 10:
http://www.adobe.com/products/framemaker.html
Product website for Adobe FrameMaker Server 10:
http://www.adobe.com/products/framemakerserver.html
ANNOUNCE: MadCap Software releases MadCap Flare 7

MadCap Software is excited to announce the latest release of MadCap Fl
are.

Flare 7 redefines the industry again with advanced authoring features,

expanded content management support and compliance for government
accessibility standards. With this latest release, MadCap Software
remains committed to satisfying the technical communication needs
of our customers throughout the world representing thousands of
companies across dozens of industries.

Flare 7 now features:
. Direct SharePoint and Subversion integration
. External resources mapping (no source control required)
. Vector graphic support for EPS, PS and SVG files
. Built-in equation editor supporting Mathematical Markup
Language (MathML)
. QR Code generation (bridge the gap between print and
online/mobile documentation)
. Enhanced track changes workflow
. CHM Import and Remote CHM Linking
. Table row sorting and merging
. Improved review and contribution workflow with new MadCap
Contributor
. Accessibility support for 508 Compliance and WCAG
. Plus much, much more!

What the community is saying about Flare 7:

"With change tracking and enhanced table functionality among its many
new features, we see Flare 7 as further vindication of our decision to

migrate from Adobe FrameMaker." -Dr. Adrian Morse, Picis, Inc.

"Flare 7 is easily the most versatile and capable authoring tool
that I've used. MadCap clearly listens to their customers, and their
support is second to none." -David Lee, Sage Ltd.

"Flare is already the best information development tool out there,
and now it's the leader of the pack in accessibility."
-Eddie VanArsdall, founder of VanArsdall InfoDesign

"MadCap Flare 7 addresses the needs of very small to global-scale
companies." -Ed Marshall, founder of Marshall Documentation Consultin

To learn more about the many new feature of Flare 7, visit:
http://www.madcapsoftware.com/Flare7

To download your free trial, visit:
http://www.madcapsoftware.com/downloads/

WritersUA User Assistance Update - March 2011

Skills and Technologies Survey Results Posted
Check out the results of our 2011 Skills and Technologies Survey.
http://www.writersua.com/surveys/skillstech11/index.html

Free Long Beach Seminars Open to Public, Sunday, Mar. 13
Enjoy seminars from Adobe, Author-it and a Career Tune-up series
all at no charge. Advance registration is required for the Career
Tune-up.
http://www.writersua.com/conference/adobe_robohelp_event.htm
http://www.writersua.com/conference/authorit_event.htm
http://www.writersua.com/conference/career.htm

Resource Directory Updates
New tool listings include DITAToo (iG5 Authoring Tools) and three
offerings from Epilogue: Advisor, Author, and Publisher. New
contractor listings include Spectrum Writing, LLC and TDRS-US.
Divcom Software announced the latest release of HelpSmith.
http://www.writersua.com/

-----------------------
Less Than Two Weeks Until Long Beach Conference
Online Registration Ends Friday
http://www.writersua.com/conference/index.html

The conference topics all relate to user assistance and cover a
broad range of key tools, processes, technologies, and techniques:
DITA and XML * Writing Techniques * Case Studies * Adobe,
Microsoft, Google * eLearning Tools * UA for Mobile Devices
* Multimedia Production * Content Strategy * User Experience

View Two Dozen Real-world Projects in the Peer Showcase
http://www.writersua.com/conference/peershow.htm

Earn Professional Recognition through Free Certificate Programs

Learn More with Free Hands-on Computer Tutorials and Labs

View the Latest Products and Meet with Vendors

Three Great Sunday Seminars for Just $195
Small-group seminars on eLearning, topic-based authoring, and
embedded UA. Full conference registration is not required.
http://www.writersua.com/conference/seminars.htm

Wednesday-only Registration Just $395
The Wednesday schedule includes the Peer Showcase and twenty-one
instructional sessions, including the closing session with Adam
Rubin of Groupon. The conference topics all relate to user
assistance and cover a broad range of key tools, processes,
technologies, and techniques.
-------------------------
About WritersUA
WritersUA specializes in providing quality training and
publications for the community of user assistance professionals.
The world of user assistance comprises a variety of techniques
and technologies to make working with software a better experience.
This includes online Help, wizards, web sites, printed
documentation, and improvements to the application user
interface. Our customers represent a diverse group of technical
writers, software developers, contractors, and consultants.

Contact: Joe Welinske joewe - at - writersua com
Web site: www.writersua.com * Phone: 206-405-0923
Linkedin: Software User Assistance Group * Twitter: writersua

About posting ads:
Announcements on the TECHWR-L Premium Announcement posting
cost $50 to contact over 3000 TECHWR-L subscribers
directly each day for a week.

In an effort to provide a free service that allows you to post
announcements, jobs, and events, however, we have established other
services:

The TECHWR-L Calendar provides a free resource for you
to post announcements, activities, and events:
http://www.techwr-l.com/event

These resources are available at no cost to anyone, posters
or seekers, TECHWR-L subscribers or not. We encourage you to
regularly use these free services.

For jobs, announcements, and events that you specifically
want to be mailed directly to all 5100+ TECHWR-L subscribers
in the TECHWR-L Premium Daily Announcement, please contact us
(admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com) or submit your paid ad at
http://www.techwr-l.com/about/advertising