Re: Desktop timer software?

Subject: Re: Desktop timer software?
From: Gregory P Sweet <gps03 -at- health -dot- state -dot- ny -dot- us>
To: Nancy Allison <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 09:02:32 -0500

Hi Nancy,

I really like PC Chrono http://www.highspheres.com/products/pc_chrono/ and
use it all the time to keep my synchrnonous classes on track. I
particularliy like that it runs as a portable app from my thumb drive so no
matter where or when I am teaching I've got my timer.

-Greg

> From: Nancy Allison <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>
> To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
> Date: 03/10/2011 10:48 AM
> Subject: Desktop timer software?
> Sent by: techwr-l-bounces+gps03=health -dot- state -dot- ny -dot- us -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>
> Hi, all.
>
> I got such good answers about icon software, I thought I'd pass on
> another request.
>
> I'm looking for a countdown timer that is *not* associated with a
> date. (I don't want to count down to midnight, april 15, for example.)
>
> I want to set a timer for, say, 5 minutes, and have it count down
> the 5 minutes and do something at the end, like ring a chime or jump
> up and down onscreen. I would probably reset and reuse this timer
> throughout the day for various purposes.
>
> I'd bring in my old kitchen timer, but it rings a very loud bell,
> not really suitable for work! Same thing is true of another
> physical, digital timer I own.
>
> I've looked at the CNET downloads page, but alas CNET apparently is
> not as reliable as it once was. CNET continues to offer a product
> that people's spyware identifies as spyware or malware -- multiple
> people, who wrote in independently. yet the listing remains. This
> makes me a bit chary.
>
> Therefore I turn to my techwr-l gurus.
>
> Can you recommend a utility that does this? Or even a physical timer
> that you use that has a programmable, very low volume?
>
> Connection to tech writing: timers help *this* tech writer
> concentrate better, thus enabling me to produce better tech writing!
>
> Thanks again! You're the best!
>
> --Nancy
>
> Create and publish documentation through multiple channels with
Doc-To-Help.
> http://www.doctohelp.com
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as gps03 -at- health -dot- state -dot- ny -dot- us -dot-

> or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/gps03%
> 40health.state.ny.us

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential or sensitive information which is, or may be, legally privileged or otherwise protected by law from further disclosure. It is intended only for the addressee. If you received this in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, please do not distribute, copy or use it or any attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.

http://www.doctohelp.com