Re: Software Documentation

Subject: Re: Software Documentation
From: Michelle Vina-Baltsas <M -dot- Vina-Baltsas -at- mindray -dot- com>
To: Sue McKinney <smckinn2001 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 09:03:37 -0500

When we were developing our requirement documents for our new medical
device, we were all advised to read this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Customer-Centered-Products-Successful-Requirements/dp/0814405681/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1299506418&sr=8-1

We all found it to be very helpful.

Good luck!
Michelle

STRICTLY PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL.This email may contain confidential and
proprietary material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any
review or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient please contact the sender and delete all copies.

Sue McKinney <smckinn2001 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Sent by: techwr-l-bounces+m -dot- vina-baltsas=mindray -dot- com -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
03/07/2011 08:56 AM

Fred Ridder <docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
cc

Subject
Re: Software Documentation

Good point, Fred. In my case, we're documenting an enterprise/server
application, for which we currently provide requirements (including use
cases)
and design docs (on the tech side). Those are the docs we're having the
most
trouble with in terms of identifying the audience and making the docs
useful. I
think one issue is that our audience includes management (for approval) as
well
as testers and developers. What I'm looking for is a general accepted
definition
of what, for example, a design specification document should include and
the
audience.

Thanks!
Sue