HAT recommendations

Subject: HAT recommendations
From: Michelle Vina-Baltsas <M -dot- Vina-Baltsas -at- mindray -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 16:18:46 -0500

Hello all.

I'm in the process of evaluating both RoboHelp 9 and MadCap Flare 6. We
use FrameMaker 9 to deliver printed documentation and want to begin
creating online help for our medical devices now that our software is
Windows based. I was originally leaning toward RoboHelp simply because
it's an Adobe product. After doing some research, I read about MadCap
Flare and it seems to have a lot to offer, so now I'm really confused. I
used RoboHelp years ago when it was a Blue Sky product and liked it, but
it's changed quite a bit since then. Years ago I'd heard people call
RoboHelp RoboHell and that scares me. I'm not sure if that's still the
case though. :-O

Anyone out there use either product and have any recommendations? My main
issue with going to MadCap Flare is that we would not be using the editing
capabilities that Flare has to offer because we want to continue using
FrameMaker.

Thanks in advance.

Michelle

http://www.doctohelp.com