Re: Word to FrameMaker conversion -- outsource it?

Subject: Re: Word to FrameMaker conversion -- outsource it?
From: Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com, Chris Despopoulos <despopoulos_chriss -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 16:21:03 -0800 (PST)

One thing that I had a problem with when I tried to put Word docs into FM - no matter what I did, I could NOT get the headers and footers to translate directly.  I tried lots of different things with style/tag specifications and no matter what, to get the spacings and alignments right, I had to go into the FM files and manually rebuild all the headers and footers. So be ready for that extra bit of work.