Re: HTML to "media" file

Subject: Re: HTML to "media" file
From: Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 11:38:25 -0800

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 6:54 AM, Kieran Sullivan <ksullivan -at- tssg -dot- org> wrote:
> I'm not sure exactly what the problem is, but I thought if I could offer a
> file type that was more "user-friendly" for non-technical users, then it
> would be useful.
>
> So, any pointers as to how get a non-technical file from a .html file?

The simplest method would be to take a screen shot of the HTML file in
a browser. But quality would deteriorate.

I haven't used the program, but it sounds to me that the styles used
in the HTML output are colliding with the styles of the host page.
Depending on the complexity of the style sheet used in the crossword
puzzle, you may have to surround the crossword puzzle with a DIV
container and apply a font and spacing reset to all elements within
that container before applying the crossword styles.

I'd be interested in seeing an example of the HTML output of one of
your puzzles, then I could know for sure. Send me a zip of the
complete output including the support files and when I get a second I
could look at it. At the very least, I wouldn't mind trying out one of
your puzzles.

So people actually buy these from you? I hope you send the freeware
author a donation!

-Tony

http://www.doctohelp.com