Re: New rules for business correspondence

Subject: Re: New rules for business correspondence
From: Ladonna Weeks <ladonnaweeks -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 11:51:29 -0800 (PST)

As a digest reader, it appears there is absolutely no way to reply to a post but
I really wanted to contribute my two cents to Sandy Harris's comment about
placing the email response after the original text. Sandy says (among other
things) "... but I'd say the second thing to learn about email style is never to
top-post. Replies
go after quoted text."

Sandy placed that information after the original text and since I was scrolling
through the digest, I almost missed it. And I think that even in an individual
email, I might have missed it, thinking that the person might have hit the Send
button before replying which I've done on occasion. Virtually everybody I
correspond with either replies inline or above the original text.

Regardless of what you think is "right", if everybody does it the "wrong" way,
you may have to bow to convention.

http://www.doctohelp.com