Re: Rates

Subject: Re: Rates
From: Lauren <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 22:21:42 -0700

I like how you do your math, Gene. I used Anon's statement of the
hourly rate for the salaried position this part-time work was to fill
and came up with $36 as an asking rate, which is the same amount that
your formula would produce if the previous pay was the base figure. I
think it is funny that we used two different formulas to get the same
rate, if the previous pay was the base figure. Although, it seems that
you would set that $36 as a minimum, while I suggested using that is the
starting figure for negotiation. I do like your formula, though. It is
very quick and simple.

Lauren

http://www.doctohelp.com